The Documents tab is 1 of 5 tabs located on the Party Profile page for each of your individual Parties. This tab offers certain visibility and access to actions that directly impact the documents assigned to the specific party you're in.
This article contains the following:
1 From the Documents tab on the Party Profile page, click the blue Upload Documents button towards the top right of the screen.
2 Next, upload your document by dragging and dropping into the blue Upload Documents field or using the Click to Browse and Select option.
3 Once you see your uploaded document appear, click the blue Upload button to complete the process.
Understanding the Document List
The Documents tab defaults to showing all active documents in a list form. This list is broken up into labeled columns and icons which provide relevant information regarding each document assigned to the party you are focused on.
Document Name - this column shows the name of the document. Beneath the name, you'll also find the document type (Generic, Certificate of Insurance, W-9, etc.) and review status (To Review or Reviewed)
Party - this column confirms the Party that this document is assigned to. The name in this column should match the respective party profile you're in.
Subject - this column corresponds to the Requirement Groups or lines of coverage outlined in your Compliance Profile. They will appear in this column as abbreviations: Commercial General Liability (CGL), Automobile Liability (AL), Umbrella/Excess Liability (UL), Workers Compensation and Employer's Liability (WC), Professional Liability (PL), and Additional Requirements (AR)
Next Expiration - If applicable, this column shows the date a particular document will be expiring. For Certificates of Insurance (COIs), this column will auto-populate based on what the TrustLayer system can read from the document. However, for all other document types, this will need to be manually entered during the document review process. If this field is blank, then the document has yet to be reviewed.
Upload Date - This column shows the date a document was uploaded either by a team member within in the TrustLayer platform or one of your third parties through the document request process.
Flag - When not greyed out, this icon indicates that a call out was placed on this document during the document review process. Flags are customizable in the sense that they can be used for any reason as a means of drawing attention to an issue or simply placing a note about the document. If you hover your cursor over the flag, a pop up providing additional details appears.
Folder - If you are using the Project feature within TrustLayer, this icon details the projects this document is associated to. Unless indicated during the document review process, the default will be that the document Applies to all projects. If you hover your cursor over the folder, a pop up providing additional details appears.
Cloud - This icon allows you to download the document from TrustLayer.
3 Dots - Clicking on this icon presents you with 4 additional actions:
- Detach from Current Project - This allows you to remove any project association from this document.
- Mark as To Review - This allows you to change the status of the document from Reviewed back to To Review.
- Archive Document - This allows you the ability to mark a document from active to inactive. All inactive documents go into an archive which can be accessed anytime by any user.
- Delete Document - This allows you to permanently remove the document from the TrustLayer system.
NOTE: This action cannot be undone.
The actions outlined above allow you to make changes to individual documents one at a time. However, you can also make changes on a bulk level to impact multiple documents all at once.
To access the bulk action options, simply click the checkboxes next to the documents you'd like to make changes too or select all documents by clicking the checkbox at the top of the Document Name column.
Once you've selected your documents, you'll see 4 buttons appear directly above the documents list: Download, Review, Archive, and More...
Download - This button allows you to download all of the selected documents from TrustLayer.
Review - This button allows you to enter the document review page with just the selected documents.
Archive - This button allows you to inactivate all the selected documents. All inactive documents go into an archive which can be accessed anytime by any user.
More... - Clicking on this button provides you with 9 additional actions:
- Assign to Party - This action allows you to tie the selected documents to any other active Party within TrustLayer.
- Detach from Current Party - This action allows you to untie the selected documents from being associated with the current Party its shown as being assigned to.
- Associate to Project - If you're using the Project feature within TrustLayer, this action allows you to tie the selected documents to any active projects.
- Detach from current Project - If you're using the Project feature within TrustLayer, this action allows you to untie the selected documents from being associated with the current Project its shown as being assigned to.
- Bulk Match Requirements - This action allows you to mark requirements compliant for the selected documents all at once.
- Mark as reviewed - This action allows you to mark the selected documents as Reviewed without having to go to the Document Review page.
- Mark as to review - This action allows you to change the status of the document from Reviewed back to To Review.
- Add requirement value -
- Delete - This action allows you to permanently remove the document from the TrustLayer system. **NOTE: This action cannot be undone.
Archived documents are simply documents that were made inactive by a user. Any user can archive a document. This feature is useful in making TrustLayer your digital filing cabinet. You can upload all documents for a Party, but only make active the current documents while archiving any old or expired ones. You can then choose if/when you wish to see active or archived documents for the particular party you're in. It also allows you to stay more organized - keeping your active documents in one place, and your archived documents stored separately.
As outlined above, you can archive documents on an individual basis by clicking the 3 Dots at the far right of each document, then selecting Archive Document, or you can bulk archive by selecting the checkbox next to each document name then clicking the Archive button directly above the documents list.
To view archived documents, simply click Show Archived located next to Active Documents.
To return back to active documents, click Show Active located next to Archived Documents.